Wednesday, April 25, 2007

GDVC #2

Where did everybody go? Small but strong field for the M123, including Halverson and the rest of the Madison guys. Fortunately, we had Tony, Pat Loney and John Voigt. Couple of early flyers were doomed by the sandblasting wind. Just for the hell of it, I dive inside into the wind and punch hard to test the legs. Predictably, Halverson was on my wheel, but JV was on his. Seeing that we had a gap Chris pulled through hard and I let off the gas. When the pack caught me, the 2 had a gap that just kept growing. 12 minutes in and these 2 were gone. With the brutal wind, I decided to sit in, but the flyers persevered. At this point, I am looking for JV to lap and sure enough, here they come. And there they go. Big V does not need any help today and goes on for the win. Awesome job by everyone.

No comments: