Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Nature Smiled

Nature smiled (or was that a leer) on Tuesday morning for the first "Tuesday Ride" meant for honing the speed skills. That is,she smiled right before she kicks us in the nuts. With a decent forecast and several "doh!" e-mails in the in-box it was just me and JW riding the steadily increasing wind from the southeast toward Jefferson County. Damn...the Doc ride again. Seems like I ride this road all the time.
Once we were on ZC we stopped the chat and got down to taking bona fide pulls. I let JW tempo for a while before I swing ahead. He lets me pull about half as long as he did, but I figure he will fade. After he does this about half a dozen times, I figure out that this is going to be a long ride. For those who don't know JW, he is 12 years my senior, which I hate to admit, makes me 48. After 57 miles of this he says "thanks for the workout Johnny". I manage some kind of whimper and concede that he did most of the pulling. 8 more miles to the refridgerator.
Hold tight everyone. The radar looks a bit nasty.

No comments: